Hi, my name is Brandon Fleet and I am an Effects Artist/Generalist currently contracted as a Effects Technical Director at Weta Digital in New Zealand
I studied 3D Animation at Lifeway College in 2010 and 2011, during which time I received numerous top of the class marks. During my second year I was asked by Lifeway to be one of the two Tutors Assistants, which involved working alongside first year students of the Diploma in 3D Animation to assist in their learning and comprehension of class material.
After graduating I received a job at GamesLab NZ as a 3D Maya Generalist, after 9 months I was promoted to Second in Command of one of their animation gaming departments, a duty which involves:
• Assisting with idea generation on a range of projects
• Working closely with the CG Supervisor and other Heads of Department
• Taking over duties during the Head of Departments absence
• Assisting staff with technical issues
• Giving Feedback on a range of assets and projects
As a generalist I believe I have an extensive knowledge on all 3D disciplines, but what I enjoy most, as shown through my personal projects, is 3D Modelling and Sculpting.
Current programs I'm experienced with include:
• Autodesk Maya
• Autodesk Mudbox
• Pixologic Zbrush
• Adobe Photoshop
• Adobe After Effects